The Harrington Opera House first opened to the "largest attendance in
the history of Harrington" on
December 16, 1904.
Harrington Opera House Society was founded on January 11, 1992 to
preserve the old opera house and Bank Block Building.
Opera House auditorium is part of the Bank Block, an imposing
building sitting on the corner of Willis and South Third Streets.
Designed and constructed out of locally made bricks by the Harrington
firm of J.R. Burrill and Company, it was completed in December, 1904.
Bank Block Building on National
Photo by Ed Haugan